Have you accidentally deleted all the text messages from your phone? Don’t panic! Whether you’re running Android Oreo, Nougat or an older version, you can actually retrieve your deleted messages with the right software – providing that this portion of the memory on your phone hasn’t been overwritten by an app update, file download or something else. So grab your phone and read our article on how to recover those text messages after you’ve deleted them.
MobiKin Doctor for Android
There are several programs that you can use to retrieve lost or deleted text messages, or anything on your phone for that matter. We tried out the software MobiKin Doctor for Android for you, which will quickly and effectively recover all of your text messages and any other data. We’ll walk you through the process with the software below, but you can directly go to the website if you want to see the company’s step-by-step guide.
- Firstly, download MobiKin Doctor for Android: Windows version or Mac version
- You can also check MobiKin’s step-by-step guide
Which phones are compatible with MobiKin?
MobiKin Doctor for Android supports over 2000 Android device models. This innovative software can be used to recover deleted text messages on HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony, Asus and many other brands. Check their list of supported Android devices to ensure your phone is compatible (under the Tech Specs tab). The list is extensive, so chances are your smartphone is compatible. We used a Galaxy S6 in this test.
You can use the software without rooting your phone, though MobiKin guarantees you’ll still be able to retrieve the full extent of your content if you do. To find out how to root your phone, you can follow the MobiKin method here. Please ensure that you also read complete guide to rooting.
How to recover deleted text messages using MobiKin Doctor for Android
After installing the program on your PC and connecting the device, you will be prompted to allow MobiKin access to your phone. Within a few seconds, you should see a preview of your text messages on the MobiKin main screen, and recovering the data and backing it up onto your PC should be instantaneous. The screenshots below illustrate how the software works.
- Step 1: Once you plug in your phone, this screen will automatically appear. It will detect your device, connect to it and let you know when the process is ready to start. You can also see from the screen that MobiKin can be used for Android SD Card Recovery and as a Super Toolkit.
- Step 2: Once it is connected, your phone’s data will be displayed, such as model, system version etc. and you will be given the choice of what kind of data you want to retrieve. As you can see from the screenshot below, you have several options of things to recover: contacts, photos, messages, call logs, photos, videos, audio, and documents. Select ‘Messages’ and click Next.
Your data will be retrieved in a few moments and will be displayed as shown in the screenshot below. Here we have selected all the categories but if you’ve only selected ‘Messages’, you will only see that section.
- Step 3: Choose to only display deleted items (in case you have a ton of messages), which is easier for filtering. Either select each individual message or you can select them all by ticking the checkbox in the top bar. Next, select Recover to retrieve the lost or deleted data.
- Step 4: Once your data is recovered, you will be asked to save it directly to your PC. Choose or create a folder where you want your messages to be saved.
The post How to Recover Deleted Text Messages On Your Android Phone appeared first on TECH Blog.