A Remote desktop is an application or an windows os feature that permits a user to link to a computer in another site, see the computer’s desktop and interact with it as if it were local.
By default, you can access the Terminal Server without using CAL ( Client Access License) but only 2 users can login at the same time, or else, you will experience an error.
There are other ways to access the server.
To enable the concurrent RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol sessions, you need to setup policy, but it will violate the licensing policy of Microsoft.
Here are the following steps on how to login both simultaneously on Remote Desktop w/o using any 3rd party software:
– [ ] In Windows Server, go to Tools and access Group Policy Management
– [ ] To apply it to the entire computers in the organization, put it under “Default Domain Policy”.
Then follow this path:
– [ ] Computer Configuration
– [ ] Policies
– [ ] Administrative Templates
– [ ] Windows Components
– [ ] Remote Desktop Services
– [ ] Remote Desktop Session Host
– [ ] Connections
Look for this policy:
– [ ] Restrict Remote Desktop Services users to a single Remote Desktop Services session
– [ ] Set the policy to disabled
There, you’re good to go. You can now be able to login both users simultaneously in Remote Desktop.
Able Home & Office – Mt. Hagen
Unit 3, Dae Won Shopping Center (Opposite Hagen Park Secondary School)
Lots 2, 3, 4 & 9 Section 7, Moka Place Road
Mt. Hagen, Western Highlands Province, PNG
Ph: 542 3188 / 542 1847