Why do we grip on to the old-style manual procedure? Countless individuals get stuck in the past because of our essential for certainty. We want to be certain that things will get completed. We were distressed with former shots of computerization and/or fear stories that we heard from businesses that we recognize. But nonstop toleration of the manual procedure leads to poor growth rate, staff turnover, enormous revenue leakages and individual development that disturb our cash flow and even survival of the business.
So what are the steps to release our grasp to the manual method so we can move onward to automation and digitization?
- Trust on its Benefits. Real-time and precise info, on-the-spot responsibility and growth in output just to name a few. But you will take to devote some efforts on case studies of detailed standards on how it benefited the business to have some sense of reliance on computerization.
- Evaluate your requirements. The succeeding stage to letting go of the manual process is to evaluate your needs. This is one of the most challenging parts of letting go. Does it take time to prepare your purchase orders and invoices? Do you get your reports late?
- When we get familiarized to these difficulties, then we don’t actually notice how they impact us on a day-to-day basis. You don’t realize that you’re trapped on that procedure. By evaluating your exact needs, then you can start making improvement in letting go of what you do in the previous and wanted the age of computerization.
- Do it yourself if possible or allocate somebody who will take the lead. This depends on the size of your business and the resource that you have. If you’re the owner of a small company and you pretty much run a flat organization, then it is perfect that you talk to the vendor and implement it yourself. If you have a number 2 in the organization or somebody who comprehends the entire business process, then make him or her responsible to the successful implementation of automation.
- Automate in tranches. You don’t have to automate the whole thing in single big bang. You can talk to your vendor about how to automate in tranches. Single implementation we are doing right now is we do the go-live per division. We start in accounting, then inventory and then sales order and job order month after month. If you are a smaller business, you can start with just printing of forms, then management reports, then control and approval setup and then financial statements.
- The ultimate breakthrough happens when you condition your mind to let it go and achieve results. Allocate a budget in automation, assign proper resources, study, consult and learn the implement.
In numerous aspects of life, it is really problematic to let go of old ways or practices but I hope that the steps above may at least open your awareness to start revolutionizing your business and your life to the next level.
Able Home & Office – Mt. Hagen
Unit 3, Dae Won Shopping Center (Opposite Hagen Park Secondary School)
Lots 2, 3, 4 & 9 Section 7, Moka Place Road
Mt. Hagen, Western Highlands Province, PNG
Ph: 542 3188 / 542 1847