Nowadays, it’s easy to get the next best thing in computing experience. We can get the newest software, computer upgrades, latest apps, and all perhaps that technology has to offer. Unfortunately it is also easy to have our data hacked and attacked by intruders and malwares.
Computer viruses, adwares, malwares or spywares can attack our computers from everywhere. As a computer user, one should know how to determine it as early as possible so you can prevent computer data corruption, data stealing and any possible damage to your computer.
Below are the top five signs that your computer has a virus infection.
- Unexpected pop up windows or messages. Any unexpected pop ups is a big sign of adware. Most of the time these messages will tell you to download something that can fix a problem in your computer not knowing that it was an advertisement carried out by malicious software.
- Slow start up and slow performance. If it takes the computer longer than usual to load from logging in or opening a program there might be a virus affecting its performance. Here, a spyware can get personal information like passwords, bank details and/or personal identification information and send it over to a hacker.
- Missing files. Suddenly missing out some files? Or folders cannot be found? This is a big sign of virus attacking any files specifically user created folders and document files. Malwares cause them to be either deleted or hidden somewhere or moved around your computer.
- High network and RAM activity. Slow performance also means that the resources are being used. Should your computer have any suspicious activity that affects big usage in the network or in your RAM even though you are not using your computer, that might be the virus using the internet to send or receive information that is running in the background taking up the resources including your hard disk.
- Email is hijacked. Receiving some unsolicited emails? How about your contact list receiving unsolicited emails from you with weird email addresses or contents? This is commonly a virus that makes the emails and attempts to spread on to other computers.
Early detection means a safer computing experience. Need some help in these situations? Give Able Home and Office a call at +675 3252599.