Biometric machines are widely used in attendance management. Able Bioplus, a popular product for time and attendance uses biometric machines to capture daily clock in and clock out of employees. These biometric machines are like any other electronic machine that comes with a limited shelf life, They require proper cleaning to function well and it is a good practice, hygiene wise.
Below are some easy and simple step to clean your biometric machine.
- Disconnect the biometric machine from the power source.
- Clean the biometric machine with a dry clean soft cloth.
- Wipe the scanner of the biometric machine with dry clean soft cloth.
- Moist a lint-free cloth or a cotton swab with acetone and very gently rub it over the scanner in all direction. Repeat it thrice till the whole scanner is clean. Make sure there is no residual solution left over in the scanner.
- If the scanner appears to be cloudy or some liquid was spilled to it use an ammonia based cleaner with a dry clean soft cloth and rub it to the scanner. Don’t forget to blot it dry with a different dry clean soft cloth.
- To remove sticky dirt or oiliness from the scanner use a sticky tape by placing it down the scanner and peel it off.
- Reconnect the biometric machine once it’s clean.
Do this at least twice or thrice a month to make sure that the biometric device are clean.
Just a quick warning, don’t do the following:
- Spraying the cleaner solution directly on the machine.
- Using a paper-based towel as it leaves more residue.
- Using alcohol-based cleaners.